Xenox S100 mammography system
Xenox S100 is a versatile analog mammography system with an iso-centric c-arm and superb image quality.
XENOX S100 is the state-of-the-art in analogue breast imaging providing the best patient care at the most efficient cost.
It is a completely independent mammography unit allowing clinicians to obtain high quality images while expediting patient throughput.
It is suitable both for all the in depth studies of the breast as well as for “screening” programs carried out always with utmost accuracy.
Excellent imaging technology combined with a modern, ergonomic and winning design improves efficiency and elevates the standard of care.
A wide range of accessories
There are two different tables (18×24 or 24×30 cm format) with carbon fiber grid, complete of ID labels. Tables are perfectly interchangeable.
For each table size or for magnification technique are available appropriate magnetic collimation plates. Theshape of collimation plate is studied to avoid wrong insertion.
XENOX S100 can be provided with an automatic collimator. In this case, the mammography unit is able to detect the table size (18×24 or 24×30 cm) and to select automatically the proper collimation field.
FULLY MOTORIZED C-ARM
XENOX S100 is optionally supplied with motorized rotation of C-Arm (pre-selectable and fine adjustment angles).
A device for geometric magnification (1,5x or 2x factor) complete of cassette holder and without anti-scatter grid is optionally available. In order to reduce dose a carbon fiber free structure has been designed with automatically selected small focus once fitted.
ANTI-X PROTECTIVE BARRIERS
To obtain the maximum protection against stray radiation are optionally available two different kinds of stand-alone anti-X protective barriers.
The XENOX S100 with ISO-Centric C-Arm allows all breast projections without moving the patient and without adjusting height of the-Arm. The iso-centric rotation eliminates the-Arm height adjustment when doing Cranio-Caudal and lateral projections. XENOX S100 is upgradeable with stereotactic biopsy device ISO-Centric 3D.
The ISO-Centric 3D device represents a reliable add-on solution for performing stereotactic biopsies supporting film-screen or digital cassette. An easy and quick move upgrades the XENOX S100 to stereotactic mode providing a comfortable working space between the tube head and the biopsy device. The motorized +/-15° rotation of the ISO-Centric C-Arm assures accurate tube shift activated by means of dedicated push buttons. Lesions can be reached also in difficult positions with great precision in targeting, placing the C-Arm at the most appropriate inclination/height
“INTELIGENT COMP” COMPRESSION SYSTEM
The cutting-edge “INTELIGENT COMP” compression system, both motorized and manual, has been designed to guarantee optimal breast compression with minimal patient discomfort.
In the case of motorized compression, driven by the pair of foot-controls, the exclusive microprocessor-controlled FTSE (Function of Tissue Strength Evaluation) automatically adjusts the optimal force to apply based on the specific density of the breast to be examined. The operator can also perform a manual compression with precise adjustment using two rotary controls located on C-arm.
Displays located above the rotary controls allow viewing the set compression force and that actually applied, and the thickness of the compressed breast. This data is also shown on the control panel of the mammography unit and optionally on an auxiliary display placed frontally on the bottom of the unit.
The “INTELIGENT COMP” system is equipped with a triple protection device (electronic, electromechanical, mechanical) on the maximum compression force ensuring complete patient safety.
Really innovative is the XENOX S100’s intelligent and microprocessor controlled automatic exposure device enhanced by the “ULTIMATE” software. This standard feature makes the mammography system’s calibration incredibly rapid and simple (CR included). O.D. linearity exceeds QA protocols. Film and CR operations are also guaranteed by means of special AEC characteristics.
A LCD graphic display shows exposure parameters, alarm messages and many other data like the Average Glandular Dose (AGD) calculated after each exposure and the HU level of tube assembly.
TUBES AND FILTERS
The XENOX S100 is supplied with a X-Ray tube with Molybdenum anode and Molybdenum filter.
Different X-Ray tubes can be chosen:
- With biangular anode (10°/16°)
- High speed tube (9.000 rpm)
- With bimetallic anode (Mo/W)
As option is available an automatic filter Rhodium/Molybdenum to obtain a superior penetration of dense breast tissue.
- Equipped with two red push-buttons on both sides of mammography unit for emergency stops
- V. generator with kV closed loop and line feed forward compensation
- LATERAL CONTROL PANEL On preferred side of mammography unit
- Microprocessor controlled technology with unique safety features
- All functions under active operator control
- Dedicated serial Port for Film ID Flasher or Dose Label Printer
- Alarm messages In several languages selectable
- Serial /USB port for Calibration and service laptop with dedicated software
- Special features Last 1300 exposure memory
- Tube Thermal Unit display and active protection
- Technical display for self-test and defective block identification, firmware release, exposure counter and last exposure time/date
- Statistics function like as average dose, amount of exposures for every kV value, amount of exposure
- Diagnostic functions like as Selectable service functions on LCD Display for hardware testing of each specific board with input status display, single status display and ON/OFF function
- Cassette Compatibility with all the most common models with window
- Cassette Detector Switch With alarm in different languages to avoid double exposure or exposure without cassette
- Top Cover Carbon fiber
- Film Markers integrated with two ID labels wheels
- Optional device for geometric magnification
- Automatic exposure control
- Auto parameters selection criteria selected in function of effective breast density evaluated by pre-exposure
- Programmable with PC independently for all the operative techniques available
- E.C. self test procedure included in control panel functions
- Dose calculator
- Iso-centric c-arm
- Display of angle rotation on control panel and auxiliary display
- Compression paddle movement motor driven or manual with fine adjustment by double rotating controller
- Compression paddle descent speed proportionally decreasing compressing the breast and customizable according to three curves
- Maximum Compression Force Safety Device
- Compression paddle release after exposure selectable from control panel, automatic or manual for bidimensional biopsy
- Auxiliary display position on basis of mammography unit indicating the information about compression force c-arm rotation angle compressed breast thickness
- Foot-controls for motorized compression with two pedals and push-button control actions for vertical movement of compression paddle and motor driven compression unlock
- Optional multifunction foot-controls with four pedals and one push-button control actions for vertical movement of c-arm, vertical movement of compression paddle, motor driven compression unlock
- Generator Output Power 5 kW (@ 35 kV)
- kV range 20/35 kV (20/40 kV optional)
- kV resolution (Man & Auto mode) 0,5 kV
- Lowest Current Time 1 mAs
- mAs maximum value 640 mAs
- mAs resolution (Automatic) 0,1 mAs
- Exposure Time 02 / 9 s (Automatically selected in function of selected mAs)
- Safety timer 10 s
- Standard collimation plate 18×24 cm and Optional collimation plates 24×30 cm
- Optional automatic collimator 18×24 cm/24×30 cm
- Display GRAPHIC LCD Display 240×128 dots
- POTTER-BUCKY Formats 18×24 cm (standard) 24×30 cm (optional)
- GRID type linear, vibrating
- Manual density control 11 steps 0 +/- 5
- Film Screen combinations 13 programmable settings for film/screen use
- E.C. short time stability measured over 10 exposures taken at 28 kV 50 mAs <3%
- Vertical Movements motorized
- Rotation (manual or optionally motorized)
- +/- 15° Rotation (only with Iso-centric 3D)
- Range of Vertical Movement (from Floor) 75 to 160 cm (travel of 85 cm)
- Range of C-Arm Rotation +/-180°
- CW, CCW continuous motorization (optional)
- Speed of C-Arm Rotation in motorized version 90°/8 s with acceleration and deceleration ramp
- Standard Compression Paddle 18×24 cm shifted for normal breasts
- Optional Compression Paddles 24×30 cm shifted for large breasts
- Compression paddle holder fast mechanical unlock
- Compression force adjustable from 70 to 200 N